7 Ways a 3D Chip Conveyor Saves Time & Money
Whether at home or in the workplace, nobody looks forward to taking out the trash. That goes double for overflowing and cumbersome chip hoppers. Here are 7 reasons why an automatic, continuously operating 3D disc conveyor makes sense for any CNC facility.
- Save floor space. Chip hoppers take up precious room on the factory floor that can be used for more productive purposes. A 3D disc conveyor can operate below ground or overhead, as well as at floor level, so you regain some valuable real estate.
- Save labor costs. Your workers have better things to do with their time than moving and emptying chip hoppers. With a 3D system they won’t have to.
- Keep the facility safer and cleaner. Moving chips manually or with a forklift can lead to injury and accidents. Plus, even the most conscientious efforts can leave bits and pieces of debris on the factory floor.
- Service multiple locations with one system. You can empty all of your machine tools into a single 3D disc conveyor, regardless of the various materials and types of chips.
- Move more than chips. The 3D system also moves dry powders and many slurries as well as metal and plastic chips.
- Take it outside. You can elect to deposit the chips in a collection point outside of your building, to making final disposal easier and often less costly.
- Run lights-out. Because a 3D disc system runs unattended continuously and requires minimal maintenance, it’s a perfect solution for lights-out production.