Why Invest in a Filtering Chip Conveyor? 7 Important Reasons
As is true in many systems, the weakest link in a manufacturing process can negate the gains realized from other high-performing components. An advanced machine tool, high pressure coolant delivery and automated loading and unloading are sure to improve productivity – as long as chips don’t back up into the cutting area or create bottlenecks.
That’s why it’s so important to choose a chip conveyor that properly matches your process. This is especially true when using multi-functioning machining centers and/or a variety of materials. Quite often the best solution is a filtering chip conveyor. Here’s why:
- Filtering chip conveyors from LNS can handle a wide range of chip sizes and types, from stringy stainless steel to fine brass, aluminum and much more. This means you can accommodate a wide range of customer demands.
- Filtered machine coolant stays cleaner longer, saving both initial coolant costs and coolant disposal expense.
- Self-cleaning filter boxes remove particles as small as 50 microns so even fine chips won’t cause wear or damage to the pumping system.
- Because fine chips are filtered out, the coolant tank doesn’t accumulate debris that requires shutting down the machining process and incurring labor costs to clean out the tank.
- Filtering chip conveyors that use self-cleaning filter boxes require minimal maintenance as there are no filtering media to replace or become clogged.
- Models are available to fit most standard machine coolant tanks and take up no more room than a standard hinge belt conveyor.
- LNS designs, builds and stands behind every filtering chip conveyor it sells, which means expert application assistance and global technical support are always available.
For more about filtering chip conveyors and other LNS chip management products, call 513-528-5674 or your local LNS representative.